I hadn't spent a Christmas in Australia for four years and I so was very excited to be going home in the lead up to my trip. My three week summer holiday was fantastic and not nearly long enough! For the first time in years the weather was on my side with no record rainfalls while I was there and loads of sunshine and vitamin D for me to soak up.
My first week was in Brisbane seeing friends and catching up over lunches, dinners and drinks. The city is well and truly back on its feet since the floods. I was pleased to see even more cafes and restaurants popping up across town. Rob and I got to spend a bit of time hanging out too including a tour of some of the new bars in town and the refurbished Regatta Hotel.
 |
| Drinks with Denise, Belinda and Juleen |
 |
| Alana, Jules & Isobel |
 |
| The gorgeous Lou and AJ |
 |
| Dusk at Southbank |
Then it was off to Noosa for the second week. Mum, Rob and I spent the week of Christmas staying at an apartment in Little Cove just a short walk down to the main beach or into the national park. On the drive up, Mum and I made our annual stop at The Spirit House restaurant for lunch and had an excellent meal. It was a lovely, relaxing week of swimming, walking and enjoying the view from the balcony. I've travelled quite a bit and seen some beautiful coastlines and beaches, but Noosa is still one of my favourite places.
 |
| Mum and I at the Spirit House |
 |
| I love brunch in Australia! |
 |
| Presents! |
 |
| Family photo |
 |
| No Christmas Pudding this year |
 |
| Sunset on Christmas Day |
 |
| No filters on this shot, just another amazing sunset |
While I was there I also managed a few more visits with friends. I had a quick drink with Dave and Piero and Jaimee on Boxing Day (the first time Jaimee and I have actually seen each other in Aus!), had lunch with Aleta and saw the three men in her life too, and saw Dunja too.
 |
| Dave, Jaimee, me and Piero at Noosa |
All too quickly the week at the beach was over, but then it was off to Sydney to celebrate New Year's Eve with Dave and Piero. I had a fun few days seeing their part of town and how well they've both settled into life in Sydney. We checked out their favourite cafes and bars, swam at a harbour pool (a novelty for me), and Dave and I went for a nice long walk with great views across the city. I caught with Scott and Jason, and my Aunt and cousin as well.
 |
| Dave and Piero at their fave cafe by the water, the Bird & Bear |
 |
| Restoring coconut milk |
 |
| A dip in Red Leaf harbour pool on the last day of 2012 |
 |
| New Year's Eve dinner at China Doll, Wooloomooloo Wharf |
 |
| Sydney fireworks! |
 |
| Lunch at Doyles with Liffie and Victoria |
 |
Sydney skyline on a rare overcast day
 |
My last few days were spent in Toowoomba staying with Mum, and visiting Lisa and her two children, and the doctor with bronchitis! All of a sudden it was my last day in Australia. I spent it having an excellent lunch with Mum and Robert at the Stokehouse restaurant on the Brisbane river overlooking the city - a great location and really excellent food. And doing some last minute shopping.
 |
| Mum and Robert |
 |
| Mango dessert! I ate so many mangoes on this holiday! |
I really wasn't ready to come back, and would have loved an extra week on the beach. Fortunately I know my next visit will be at the end of the year so I will just have to hold out for another dip in the Pacific til then!
1 comment:
Emma all great to read, excellent photos, pleased you enjoyed your holiday. Love Liffie xx
Post a Comment