Easter weekend was split in two halves this year - London and Plymouth.
In London, Mailie and I spent Good Friday strolling by the canals in Berkhamstead and lunching at a local pub. On Saturday we brunched at Bill Granger's in Notting Hill… again! For a change I had the ricotta hotcakes but I'll be reverting to the sweet corn fritters or scrambled eggs again next time - they're simply too good to miss out on.
Then it was south to Plymouth to spend the next two days with Ollie and his family. We went out for dinner and cocktails on Saturday night after I arrived which was really good fun. Easter Sunday started with hot cross buns (and not nearly as much chocolate as usual!), we went for a walk around Mt Edgecumb, and finished up with a family dinner at home that night. On Monday, we went for another walk, this time in some nearby woods, before afternoon tea with extended family.
Before long the weekend was up, Easter was over for another year, and it was time to go back to London. At least I still have some eggs left to eat!
 |
| Grand Canal in Berkhamstead |
 |
| Mails & Me |
 |
| Hotcakes, bellinis and choc - Happy Easter! |
 |
| Royal William Yard from the boat |
 |
| View from Mt Edgecumb |
 |
| We stumbled across the National Camellia Collection! |
 |
| Oh so pretty bluebells |
No comments:
Post a Comment