In June I had a wonderful and extravagant two week holiday in Seminyak, Bali with Mum and Rob.
It was such a relaxing holiday and great to spend time together. We stayed at a fantastic resort, Alila Seminyak. Most of my days were spent lounging and reading by the infiniti pool, going for a walk along the beach with Rob & Mum or playing a game of scrabble in the beach bar. Stopping in for the odd beer or cocktail along the way of course. Mum and I had a couple of spa treatments each and some fun morning shopping excursions. We also popped into the Pura Petitenget temple for a bit of local culture.
Canggu, a nearby up and coming neighbourhood, was the furthest afield that we ventured from Seminyak. We went to a great vegan hipster cafe called Pelaton Superstore for lunch before walking back along the beach to our hotel.
With the exception of Mum and I both unfortunately getting ill in the first week, we ate very well. Each day began with a yummy breakfast at the hotel overlooking the ocean. For lunches and dinners we went to some great restaurants - Sea Circus, La Luccioli (my favourite - an open air Italian restaurant overlooking the beach), Kiln, Saigon Street, Merah Putih, and Sardine. The food in the resort was excellent as well - everything from greek salads to nasi goreng. They even put on afternoon tea each day.
I didn't warm to Bali when we first arrived, and certainly not after a glimpse of the infamous Kuta, but after a few days I started to see the charm of the place and grew to like it. I'd definitely think about going back to Bali, or just moving into the resort!
 |
| Arriving at Alila Seminyak. Stunning! |
 |
| Afternoon Tea |
 |
| Rob & I having some after dinner drinks at Mrs Sippy |
 |
| Morning cocktail at Potato Head Beach Club |
 |
| Sunset beers on the beach |
 |
| On the main street |
 |
| Popping into Sea Circus for a drink. I had quite a few of those frozen margheritas |
 |
| Sunset |
 |
| A view of the hotel at night |
 |
| Delicious breakfast! Fresh fruit and yoghurt to begin with. |
 |
| Down to the beach (that's Rob) |
 |
| View of the infiniti pool |
 |
| The 'serene' infiniti pool |
 |
| At Nook warung overlooking a rice paddy. Great setting but I got ill after this meal :-( |
 |
| Hanging out at the beach bar ready for scrabble |
 |
| Walking along the beach with Rob, there was a small temple on a rocky outcrop |
 |
| Had to have at least one fresh coconut.. |
 |
| ...then moved onto the beers. Rob and I hanging out at a beach bar. |
 |
| Cocktails at the pool |
 |
| Couldn't pass up 2 for 1 Sangrias |
 |
| Mum and Rob |
 |
| Mum & I |
 |
| Me & Rob |
 |
| Another afternoon tea |
 |
| The beachfront |
 |
| Sunset beers |
 |
| Sunset behind the clouds |
 |
| A great spot for our mani & pedi |
 |
| Local street |
 |
| Pool time! |
 |
| And cocktail time! This was a favourite. |
 |
| Greek salads by the pool |
 |
| And club sandwiches by the pool |
 |
| The best sunset we saw |
 |
| Great view from the hotel room |
 |
| Lunching with Mum at Sardine |
 |
| Lunch at Sardine |
 |
| In the Pura Petitenget temple |
 |
| Pura Petitenget |
 |
| Pura Petitenget |
 |
| Canang Sari - a daily Hindu offering left outside shops and houses |
 |
| So pretty! |
 |
| Gateway to the beach for all the locals |
 |
| Coffee and cake mid-shopping excursion |
 |
| Pretty water and flower feature |
 |
| A local ceremony on the beach |
 |
| Last drinks at the beach bar |
 |
| Mum & I after our last dinner |
 |
| How long since you've had a boiled googy? |
 |
| Last lunch at Sea Circus |
No comments:
Post a Comment