Sunday, January 12, 2020

Noosa Christmas

Ah, back in my happy place, Noosa. My favourite place in Australia.
Coming back from the UK I was so pleased to have two weeks at the beach to look forward to.
As much as I missed a cold London Christmas, this was a very close second.

This time we stayed in an amazing penthouse at Noosaville overlooking the river and river mouth flowing out to the ocean. It was a great view and fun to watch all the action on the water with boats and water sport-ers going by constantly - peaceful to watch though, not hectic.

The holiday went by slowly kicking off with Christmas Day with Mum and Rob. And then flowed on with days swimming in the pool or at Main Beach, walking to Hastings Street for gelato at Massimo's, playing board games (including several rounds of scrabble which Mum still won) and reading. I ate my fill of Christmas ham and fish & chips. We popped up to the Eumundi markets too.

For New Year's Eve, Mum and I went out for a long lunch at the Boat House and stayed up with champagne and sparklers on the balcony for midnight. Quiet, but just what I wanted.

I had the chance to catch up with Alana & Jules and their family. We spent the afternoon on a hired boat going around the river - having lunch, drinks, stopping off at the little islands dotted around and jumping off the boat into the water to swim. Lots of fun. I saw Lou & AJ and the boys down at the beach for a swim too.

It was a very relaxing and rejuvenating holiday which I had desperately needed.

The glasshouse mountains from the roof top terrace

The changing view from our balcony

Xmas lunch! On a slightly rainy day.

Christmas Day!


Gelato time

So busy!


Lunching (delightfully breezy by the river)


All those blues!
Every day the view changes with the weather and the tide.

I've decided cones are a better environmental option
(despite the extra calories)



No comments: