Wednesday, March 29, 2006

notes from a small island


Hi again!

I've started working now which means I can start spending money...well soon anyway. I'm working on the HSBC account at a below the line agency called RMG Connect (part of JWT/WPP). Mostly on an online project for the latest global campaign - yourpointofview.com. Looking for some permanent work still and had a few interviews so will see what comes of those or I can easily keep freelancing for a while longer.

Last night I saw Wolfmother and on Friday I'm going to see La Boheme, the opera, at Royal Albert Hall with Juleen. Since I last wrote I've been to the Borough markets for a wander - they're great farmers markets. And been out to a few restaurants and pubs around the city. Plus caught up with most of my friends here. Laura, fabulous organiser that she is, is filling my diary with day trips and weekends away which I can't wait to start - NW France, the tomato festival in Spain, Hampton Court Palace... And next weekend I am off to Bristol to visit friends, Alana & Jules.

I've also started the inevitable hunt for a flat to live in. Its a little slow going at the moment but I intend to get it over and done with as soon as possible because its taking up far too many of my weeknights. In the meantime I am still at Laura's place in the fondly named She Bu.

More excitement included a visit to hospital last week after I stepped off a bus and slid on some ice. I smacked my head on the footpath and now have two stitches in my lip and some very attractive bruising on my cheek. The stitches are due to come out this week after which I plan never to use the NHS system again!

Oh, and I have been going to netball every Monday night! To watch Laura play that is, and then join the team for a drink or two afterwards.

And for those of you asking, (yes, there is more than just you!) no, I haven't met an English man to marry yet - not old, not young, and for that matter, not Australian, French or Spanish either ;-) but it is just coming up a month now and I haven't finished reading all the back issues of OK magazine to work out where to find the richest bachelors ;-)

Bye for now
xo emma

No comments: