2007 is already going at a cracking pace. I arrived back in London after a week in Edinburgh with friends (including Belinda & Jeremy who were visiting from Australia) and went straight back to work. The first couple of weeks flew by with a weekend in Budapest with BK & Jez who were travelling in the centre of Europe; my fourth visit to the city of Brussels to see Mattias; and then exploring London with BK and Jez before they headed back to Australia; and a visit from Matt to this side of the channel.
We were also devastated at this time by the shocking news that a friend, Cath Marlow’s, life was maliciously taken. I attended the memorial service with her London friends to celebrate her life. You can see pics of Cath under the Croatia and Berlin entries which were two trips I had the pleasure of taking with her.
It serves as a reminder that life is not on hold just because I am not at home. But I have been making the most of it. Recent exploits include plenty of lunches & dinners out (sitting next to Keira Knightly in a cafĂ© and going to my first Michelin starred restaurant stand out); seeing Mary Poppins; going to London Zoo; and seeing Jazz at Ronnie Scott’s in Soho.
I’m off to Bristol this weekend to visit Alana & Jules who I haven’t seen in ages. The rest of the month will be spent in London flitting around the city.
It snowed here yesterday for the second time this winter. It’s very pretty, but very wet. I am walking around like an old lady making sure I don’t slip over again!

Vincent Square opposite our apartment
No comments:
Post a Comment