Sunday, February 22, 2009

The return of the long lunch

Today saw Laura, Louise and I enjoy our first weekend lunch together for the year.

The first cab off the rank was my choice, Ottolenghi, in Islington.

Their food is all about the best quality fresh produce and has a mediterranean feel. The most amazing array of salads and sweets is displayed irresistibly as soon as you walk in the door. It was so hard to choose...

The food rates 5 stars. I had rare roast sirloin beef accompanied by a mix of beetroot, plum and feta salad and a courgette salad; and for dessert, an apple and vanilla cake. It's certainly not hard to get your five-a-day eating food like this!

I liked the white, minimalist feel of the room to set off the food but the canteen table does stifle conversation somewhat. I'll be going back none the less!


No comments: