Sunday, April 29, 2012

Brunch, Art & Cocktails

I had a very lovely day on Saturday with Laura and some friends to help celebrate her birthday.

We met for brunch at Kopapa in Covent Garden. On a wet and rainy morning flat whites and french toast seemed an excellent way to start the day. The french toast was served with a rich and interesting combination of flavours - tamarind and raisin relish, grilled bacon and orange blossom labne. I quite liked the menu and Jaimee's brunch looked delish so I'll be back to try that!

April showers

Not your typical french toast


Afterwards we wandered down to the Courtauld Gallery in Somerset House which has a great, nicely-sized collection of art including some impressionist work that I really enjoyed. We also saw two of Time Out's '20 unmissable paintings' there - 'A Bar at the Folies-Bergère' by Edouard Manet and 'Adam and Eve' by Lucas Cranach 1.  

As we were down on the strand, we popped into The American Bar at The Savoy and treated ourselves to a cocktail. We sipped on a new season 'Spring Garden' in the light-filled bar while the rain continued outside.


Me, Laura & Kasey

Enjoying an indoor 'Spring Garden'

To round off the day, Laura and I went to Selfridges for a very girly make up session and splurged on Bobbi Brown.

No comments: