After having such a fantastic time at Latitude festival last year I was really keen to go again and year 2 didn't disappoint in the slightest.
I headed up to Suffolk last weekend with Stuart and Kris again, but this time we were joined by Laura and Barry, and some friends from work - Tom, Sophie, Laura & Nick, which made it all the more fun.
(Unbelievably I ran into two people I knew there as well!)
We arrived at midnight in the rain on Thursday night which made putting up our tents a nice challenge! We were all set up by 3:30am and headed to bed.
Over the next three days we saw some good music, comedy, and snippets of different talks in the various literature tents. The music highlights for me were Dawes, Lana Del Ray, Bon Iver, Alabama Shakes, Glen Hansard, Laura Marling, and Edward Sharpe.
Guilty Pleasures on the Saturday night was excellent (I'll have to go in London) and probably the best evening entertainment on offer.
For a bit of culture I also saw a series of modern dance from Sadler's Wells, Matthew Bourne's ballet, the drag queen Johnny Woo, and Malaysian pianist Lang Lang whose classical music could be heard across the lake and fields on Sunday morning.
We ate pretty well too. I had jerk chicken, wild boar hog roast, pie & mash, and a burger & bloody mary at the Giant Robot pop up restaurant.
To supplement the many rounds of cider, Stu did a fab job of sneaking in our BYO cans of G&T which saved us a penny or two.
All in all we were lucky with the weather. There was a bit of rain which made it muddy (I'm getting the cost per wear of my Hunters down!) but for for the most part it was just overcast. The sun came out just as we left on Sunday evening which was a lovely end to a brilliant weekend.
 |
Hello sheep!
|
 |
| Me & Kris |
 |
| 15 minutes of Matthew Bourne |
 |
| Night time revelry |
 |
| Down by the lake |
 |
| Tom, Laura, Sophie & Nick |
 |
| Dawes play in the forest |
 |
| Me, Barry, Stu, Laura & Kris |
 |
| Burger and bloody mary at Giant Robot |
 |
| Piano tunes |
 |
Sunshine on the last day
|
 |
Until next time...
|
No comments:
Post a Comment