Saturday, January 21, 2017

Christmas Markets, Germany

Our annual trip to the Christmas markets this year was to Cologne for 2 nights and then on to Dusseldorf on Sunday. We had a fantastic time. I particularly love Cologne (my third time there).
I didn't go too crazy with the decorations this year but did bring home a couple more for the tree.


Friday night dinner at Paffgen beer hall with Flo & Laura who live in Germany

Schnitzel for dinner

Kolsch!
The coaster is what the waiter uses to keep tabs of how many we had.
Stu, Kris, me and Flo

Stu & I, and our first gluwein for the weekend

The gang back in Cologne



One of the 5 Cologne markets



The main market in front of the Cathedral

I bought a couple of his brushes to wash glasses

Hot chocolate with rum








The medieval night market in Siegburg just outside Cologne was great.
We had pork from the spit for dinner.

In Dusseldorf on Sunday afternoon

Dusseldorf

This man's wife made couple of the angel decorations I bought

A pretty scene in Dusseldorf

No comments: