Saturday, February 23, 2013

Brunch at the Delaunay

Brunch is such a treat and sitting in a resplendent dining room makes it all the more special. The Delaunay was opened a year or so ago by the people who run the perennial favourite, the Wolseley. It has a similar art deco design, glam atmosphere and menu of classic dishes. These elements set expectations high for the food itself and yesterday Laleh and I made it in the nick of time for brunch to test it out.

I indulgently ordered the pancakes with blueberries and creme fraiche and can tell you I wasn't disappointed. The quality of the food is better than the Wolseley but the room is not quite as grand and has slightly less privileged crowd. It's still a great spot though and I will be going back for lunch which looked very good on the busy tables as we walked back out into the snowy day.


No comments: