Today I had a client lunch and we went 5 minutes down the street from the agency to Tom Aikens. I've been to his more informal brasserie, Tom's Kitchen, many times but never made it to the restaurant before. And now I'm really glad I have.
http://instagram.com/tomaikensrest/
The food was delicately and beautifully presented and went on to live up to my taste expectations. I also liked the dining room which was largely timber, modern yet natural and organic with lots of glass and mirrors (http://instagram.com/p/NBITByKLIo/).
I ordered better this week than last. We started with a selection of freshly baked bread: http://instagram.com/p/RIs4f2qLGh/
The canapé was a beetroot gazpacho, cauliflower mousse, red vain sorrel.
pea mousse, lemon balsamic, pea snow (also with goat cheese)
Pork
pork belly, trotter beignet, aerated pork skin, burnt apple puree
Fraise des Bois
aerated sorbet, almond cream, strawberry crisp
Two of the dishes were 'aerated' which seems to be a trend right now! I would definitely go back, even if I had to pay for myself :-)
No comments:
Post a Comment