Thursday, August 17, 2006

August in London

Another month has gone by since I last wrote. Summer seems to have gone in that time. We're back to temperatures in the early 20s already. Although, there is an urban myth about it getting warmer again but I suspect this is a result of a game of chinese whispers on the tube.

What have I been up to lately? …Had quite a few nights out catching up with different friends over dinner and drinks which has been fun; lunch in Paris was fab; Laura hosted a very fun international party for which I was persuaded to dress up (don't think I make the best Pocahontas as it happens but Laura did say if she was handing out prizes, I would have won for effort!); saw a musical called Avenue Q based on the sesame street muppets but for grown ups (I thought it was going to be terrible but it was really quite funny); been to Belgium for a 'city break' with Laura; and most recently returned to Bristol for a catch up with Alana and Jules, and Kate who is in town visiting as well.



More detail of these adventures on my blog with some pics too if you feel like reading that http://www.emma-in-london.blogspot.com

I've also started a new role in Proximity. I now work on the Sainsbury's business – on the part called Connections (so I probably won't meet Jamie Oliver after all - he is one of the ambassadors for Sainsbury's but works on the main business). Connections is all about using the data that Sainsbury's draws from nectar cards (frequent buyer cards) to drive direct mail campaigns for Sainsbury's and the brands stocked within the store (I'm starting with campaigns Ribena, dog food and cider). Pretty amazing what they know about every shopper who walks through the door! I'll be doing this for at least the next 2 months and we'll see what happens after that. [Rob, as soon as I get a chance, I will surreptitiously take a photo of one of the data guys I now work with who is a dead ringer for Napoleon Dynamite!]

I'm sticking to London and surrounds until my new passport is sent to me (it was in my handbag that was stolen in Brussels ). This weekend is camping at V Festival just outside London – I can't wait. I did my warm up this week seeing Kasabian play at the Brixton Academy. And I'll have a warm down when Bernard Fanning plays next week.

No comments: