Sunday saw Laura and I go on an excursion to Lymington - a small town on the south coast. We saw the new forest from the train, and sat in the sun and had a roast lunch at a pub by the quay before heading back to town for a quiet night in.
The ongoing tasting of 'local' ice cream continues and at this stage the Isle of Wight ice cream is still winning out – the new forest ice cream company just wasn’t as good I’m afraid.

And finally yesterday, I went to the Notting Hill Carnivale with Laura & Naomi! I’d been wanting to go for ages so it was great to get there. Loads of people were packed in to see the floats and the parade. Organised for once, we brought our own cider for the adventure. It was a great vibe with people dancing in the streets from Notting Hill to Westbourne Grove, bbq jerk chicken smells wafting through the afternoon air, and a mix of music styles on every corner!
No comments:
Post a Comment