I spent another weekend making the most of this city with quite a mix of activities.
On Saturday I met Laura and went to the British Library's exhibition of London Life in maps - spur of the moment and quite interesting. Then we headed to Volupte for Afternoon Tease - a burlesque show with tea, cakes & champers. Definitely a fun way to spend an afternoon! I then spent the evening supporting Cancer Research UK while losing a pub quiz in Parson's Green with Ange & her team!
Sunday saw Laura and I meet up again for a long lunch at the River Cafe (yep, the one you've heard of c/- Jamie Oliver). Nice atmosphere (even if it is a bit like a family restaurant for posh people), lovely and light, and great food (beef carpaccio, yummy spaghetti dish & baked pears) as well.
Can't beat that.
No comments:
Post a Comment